dinsdag 31 maart 2009

Blair Waldorf versus Marie Antoinette

Sofia Coppola is one of my all-time favourite directors. She creates these unbelievably beautiful dreamworlds. After two years, I'm still obsessed with Marie Antoinette. Critics may have burned it to the ground, to me it is a perfect modern interpretation of Marie Antoinette's life. Coppola portrays Marie Antoinette as what would now be your typical too rich, too pretty, too young socialite.

That is why I found the next two videos so on point. The first video is the official Marie Antoinette trailer. The second one is based on certain Gossip Girl scenes, but with the same MA-trailer voiceover. You'll see that it blends perfectly! I thought it was remarkably cute and smart!



1 opmerking:

  1. Oh ik moet echt nog steeds een keer die film kijken! Ben er al jaren zo benieuwd naar, en echt gossip girl <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen