zondag 19 april 2009

Fidelio

Last weekend, I went to the opera here in the Hague. I have to admit, operas are not really for me, but somehow I always end up going anyhow. This time it was the opera Fidelio, the only opera Beethoven ever wrote.

Up until now, I've only been to Italian operas, this one was in German. Not really my cup of tea. But although opera music itself does nothing for me, going to the opera is actually a good thing.

The whole atmosphere and everything surrounding it, is great. It's entertainment! I saw some of the most horrifiying outfits (fur! NO!), some of the most horrifiying Dutch "celebs" (Marijke Helwegen! NO!) and I almost passed out, because the man sitting in front of me had a seriously bad case of dog's breath.

I think it's safe to say that you won't find me at the opera again any time soon...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten