dinsdag 14 april 2009

Mario Savio

Today, I was thinking about things that inspire me. I get inspired by images, old photos, fashion, art, music, books, movies...people.

I have a whole list in my head of people who inspire me some way or the other. Right now, I would like to highlight one person on that list. He is probably not that well-known, but to me he is one of the most phenomenal speakers ever.

His name is Mario Savio.

Mario Savio was one of the key members of the Berkeley Free Speech Movement in the 1960's. I could go on and on about this, but his speeches speak for itself. For the people who would like to know more about Mario Savio, activism at Berkeley or the whole sixties era, I can recommend the DVD Berkeley in the Sixties


Mario Savio: Speech Sproul Hall Steps, December 2, 1964


Clip from Berkeley in the Sixties

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten