woensdag 1 april 2009

Whole Wheat Cupcake


Today’s the deadline for my master application. I’m hoping to get in at the Journalism & Media programme of the University of Amsterdam. I don’t have high hopes though, of an approximate of 200 applicants only 12 will be admitted to the programme! Of course, I’ll keep all options open, but this is what I really, really, really want!

This programme is every aspiring Dutch journalist’s dream, because it gives access to the most coveted internships in the Dutch newspaper and television world and among the teacher are some of the most appreciated and experienced journalists in the Netherlands. There’s only one but: I tend to have a preference for what I once read was being called “pastry magazines”.

This comes from the thought that the more “serious” magazines and newspapers are “whole-wheat” and the happy-go-lucky fashion magazines tend to be cupcake-material. I’m not sure if this comparison is making any sense, but it comes down to the fact that I see myself more as a cupcake than a whole-wheat bread.

That being said, I know that I can switch on my “serious-mode” and write some pretty whole-wheat articles. That’s what my academic background has taught me to do. I’m just not sure if that’s what I want to do the rest of my life.

Well, maybe I can be a whole-wheat cupcake instead.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten